Simcountry is a multiplayer Internet game in which you are the president, commander in chief, and industrial leader. You have to make the tough decisions about cutting or raising taxes, how to allocate the federal budget, what kind of infrastructure you want, etc..
  Enter the Game

Inventor's Guide to attacking players

Topics: General: Inventor's Guide to attacking players

Theinventor1012

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 - 02:26 am Click here to edit this post
This guide should help players attack other player's empires. In order to begin attacking your first player controlled empire you will need to be at war level 3, have a reasonable amount of cash to purchase arms/weapons, and you will need to have read the Aires war guide, at the following link:

https://www.simcountry.com/discus/messages/16295/25063.html?1473698163

Once you have read this guide made by Aires you should understand that the strategies I will tell you will be very similar for at least the part of attacking the actually country or countries in your enemy player controlled empire. You will not need to be on the war world to attack other players. There are many large empires waiting for you to conquer them.

Some important things to note before beginning to attack your enemy empire.

About 50% of empires will not have an active leader that will defend their empire.

Additionally there are several empires that are not even defended at all, however over 50% will probably have at least some defense.

SELECTING YOUR EMPIRE TO ATTACK:

To select a suitable empire to attack you will need to find one within precision bomber and air transport range, about 6000 distance. You will also want to attack an empire without defenses if you can find one. You will also want to find an empire with a higher war level then your own war level.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Never Declare war using your primary country, attack an empire using a country that would not completely devastate you if you happen for some reason to lose the war. (this is highly unlikely if you follow this guide)
PREPARATION BEFORE DECLARING WAR
Depending on the defenses of your selected empire of countries you will various amounts of weapons. Personally I like to always buy extra because you can never know what to expect of the empire you are attacking. Below are some expected numbers of air force attack and bombing wings, air transport wings, and special forces.

I recommend a quality of 300 for all these air wings:

Empire Total Population o-100million: 1 air wing: 400 precision bombers, 1 air wing 100 bombers and 300 fighters.

Empire Total Population 100-500million: 2 air wing: 400 bombers, 1 air wing 100bombers and 300 fighters

Empire Total Population 500-1000milliom: 3 air wing: 400 bombers, 2 air wing 100 bombers and 300 fighters

Empire Total Population above 1billion: 3 air wing: 400 bombers, 5 or more air wing 100 bombers and 300 fighters.

Please Note this is only assuming that the empire you plan on attacking is completely or almost undefended,

Other Units:

1country: 2 air transport units, 2 special forces

2country: 2 air transport units, 2 special forces

2-5countries: 6 air transport units, 6 special forces

above 5: 6 air transport units, 8 special forces

DEFENSES:
it is very important to note that you WILL need at least some defense in case your country is attacked, I recommend 1 interceptor unit If the country you are attacking has no or almost no defenses.

WEAPONS TO HAVE IN STOCK:
If your empire you are attacking has a significant defense I recommend setting up twice as many units as if it had no defense. Also setup 3 more interceptor units, upgrade these to max. Additionally if your empire you are planning on attacking has a good defense buy lots more precison bombers to have in stock and some fighters.

QUALITY TO BUY OR UPGRADE UNITS TO
air wing: transport 25transports 120 quality
air wing: 400 bombers quality 300
air wing: 100bombers 100 fighters at least 330 quality
special forces: 1special forces 120 quality

DECLARING WAR:
You can now declare war on the empire you plan on attacking, however make sure war level protection is on and you are declaring war from the country you plan on attacking your enemy empire with.

IN THE EVENT OF AN ONLINE PLAYER
Do not panic if you find the player you are attacking is active, if you receive messages regarding your war declaration it is best to not respond and to stockpile more weapons, and closely monitor their defensive capabilities.

THE START OF THE WAR
When the war starts it is best you attack your enemy empire first ESPECIALLY if its ruler is an active player. If the empire you are attacking has offensive capabilities such as air force attack and bombing wings attack the country or countries in which the enemy player has these stationed.

ATTACKING COUNTRY WITH ACTIVE OFFENSIVE FORCES
Do not begin by attacking the countries air for attack and bombing wings.

Step 1: attack the defenses of a country or town and repeat this step until no interceptors respond to your attacks.

Step 2: attack interceptor units directly, make sure to attack defenses

Step 3: attack interceptor units again, make sure to attack target.

Step 4: attack the countries air force and bombing wings, attack defenses of theses then attack target

Step 5: attack offensive military airport and offensive military bases, defenses and then targets

NEXT STEP
After completing this only if your country you are attacking had any defenses or an offense, you will now need to start conquering the country.

Step 1:Regardless of if the country has any defenses air drop special forces units, 2 per enemy country.

Step 2: begin painting the country:

Step 3: if country has defenses attack defenses of an corporation then attack target of an corporation, repeat this process until you win or until there are no corporations left, if the country DOES NOT have defenses attack the target of all of its corporations until you win the war or until there are no corporations left.

Step 4: If you still haven't won the war follow this step, otherwise skip to the end.

You will now need to attack the country's capital, attack defenses then target if the capital is defended otherwise just attack target right away.

Step 5: if you still haven't won begin attacking other cities the same way you attacked the capital until you win.

AFTER WINING ALL WARS AGAINST YOUR SELECTED ENEMY EMPIRE:
You can either transfer population from the countries you conquered or add them to your empire. You will probably need to build war hospitals and new corporations.

Theinventor1012

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 - 02:29 am Click here to edit this post
This Stragety has worked for me in the past twice, actually recently when I attacked to empires at a higher war level than me and I won both wars against both empires.

Psycho_Honey

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 - 04:51 am Click here to edit this post
Apart from the reference to Aries' post, nearly 90% of it is laughable. This guide is sufficient for taking inactive empires or Presidents who somehow forgot to buy any defensive anything... Just saying...

This is anything but a guide for active pvp war.

Zentrino

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 - 04:59 am Click here to edit this post
1 air wing would not take out a player controlled country unless they had 0 defense and an inactive president. Of course, there are many countries that do have 0 defense and an inactive president. Not much of a pvp is they are inactive though. How does this guide differ from Aries' guide anyway except you say to use fewer units? Maybe I should start hunting around LU (except I am already WL7 and most people are below that...).

Zentrino

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 - 05:03 am Click here to edit this post
You can also check on the president's activity. In your country, go to settings. Select old layout. Then go to the country page of the country you want to attack. Just below the president's name, it tells you their activity. Active in the last day. last week, last month. Last month may mean inactive (it may not too). This updates only when they log into that country so if they have been ignoring it but still playing in other countries, then they are not inactive.

Roving EYE

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 01:18 am Click here to edit this post
we could give our 2cents on this limited wisdom, but we will not seeing as we are the brunt of this talking monkeys gloating, how well they did taking over WHAT? when one was offline and totally undefended that's being like what inactive

yey give the talking monkey a clap for having so much great skill at war but only if only your offline and undefended or having limited defence and not fighting back that's how most players play or have played or are playing simcountry now concerning pvp wars

as Psycho says tis laughable, but we think more should be done on the pvp side for the defender, I'm all in favour of fighting pvp wars but only when active and online and if a player starts getting tired and logs out the pvp war should pause till they next log in to continue it but it seems its not set up that way then you wonder why pvp wars don't happen much
its easier to take over inactive countries/empires even more so if your an active president but logged out and offline

Aries

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 02:38 am Click here to edit this post
It is a nice attempt but it is very difficult to write a general guide to PvP, other than a very basic guide to take inactive empires. In all my wars against active players, I have pursued very different strategies tailored to my opponent. Weapons I use are dictated by realities on the map, my goals for the conflict, and intelligence I can gather on the opponent (like their tendencies and weapons stocks). I often like to throw in a move or two to distort intelligence the opponent might try to gather on me, such as a feint with space-transferred weapons or map deployments.

It is difficult for even an experienced war player to replace the experience you would gain in active PvP with some type of guide. This is why I can't imagine attempting to write some sort of attacker's guide and why I believe the game needs some sort of measured step into PvP for new war players, such as my suggestion for battlegrounds.

On the defensive side of the equation, I have posted a "Defense Readiness Guide" that can be found on the Beginner's Forum. It explains many considerations in war preparedness that a new war player would likely find useful and can be found here:

https://www.simcountry.com/discus/messages/16295/25606.html?1458573237

SimJongIllest

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 03:04 am Click here to edit this post
what world is this "inventor" on?

Johanas Bilderberg

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 03:46 am Click here to edit this post
Back in the day you would have been destroyed for the lulz.

Theinventor1012

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 04:24 am Click here to edit this post
I can understand that this might not be as effective to use to attack highly active players and players who are well defended, however it can be effective against some players who simply either don't defend their empire at all or have limited defenses. You may think that most players keep their empires well defended but the truth is not all players who have large empires decided to build a well defenses. Therefore this strategy can and has worked for me in both of the empires I conquered, such as Elrood's empire and Roving EYE's empire which both fell easily within a hour or two. Even though players who have been playing for a long time can be easily conquered by any player who chooses to take advantage of opportunities such as undefended empires. Additionally you probably could use the same strategy to attack defended empires assuming you stockpile many more precision bombers and possible prepare a better defense with more interceptor units. So overall my point is that many empires are not well defended, of course I am not saying every empire will not be defended well and that is why you should always use a country you would be ok loosing to launch your attack from.

Aries

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 05:12 am Click here to edit this post
The nature of deterrence is that my opponent must believe they have more at risk than simply the countries they choose to initiate a declaration of war from. It is inaccurate to believe that an attacker can minimize their risk in the long term by selecting countries they see as expendable. If a declaration of war occurs on me, I am coming for them and their allies on every world.

The lesson is that it is important to do your best to gauge the activity, resources, and potential allies of your opponent against what you can bring to bear. One useful resource in this is my Player Power Rankings idea. Honestly, I haven't had the interest to update them recently and I could see several ways to improve on the idea. However, the basic framework is very useful to estimate the potential resources of any potential opponent. The last time I updated it was a year ago and can be found here below (On General Forum titled "Player Power Rankings 11-9-2015). If someone is interested, perhaps they can build on it.

https://www.simcountry.com/discus/messages/1/25215.html?1447160799

Aries

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 05:59 am Click here to edit this post
duplicate

Khome

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 04:54 pm Click here to edit this post
Bottom line, what is to be gained? One could throw everything they have at a war, which may turn into a personal "Stalingrad" situation where it was a matter of just winning rather than strategic or gain of resources. In the end, did the war just weaken both sides? War is costly in reality and I think it should reflect here in a general sense; is it worth it or not? Avoiding war is sometimes the greatest victory, which is mentioned in the art of war if I remember correctly. Last thing anyone wants would be a "Pyrrhic victory". War is misery.

Now, for those who like the thrill of PvP, for practice or tournaments, FB should be a good place for that. War with no consequences; just "get ready to rumble".

my 2 cents.

Letsie

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 09:43 pm Click here to edit this post
The world is really upside down when the roving eye start talking like a sane person...

As for the original question. No this guide doesn't work in pvp for 1 very simple reason. Everybody can read this guide and knows what you're going to do.

As for attacking empires without defenses, be carefull about that. 10 countries with no defense can buy a lot weapons and fly in an absurd amount from their enterprises in the time between declaration and war start.

Activity is a nice measure, but... I've got a few countries and several of those are on automated. I don't log in more then once every few days or sometimes weeks. consider this a friendly reminder to look a little bit farther when declaring on 'inactive' empires.

WildStallion

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 10:44 pm Click here to edit this post
There are empires who were asleep minding their own business and like the saying attributed to Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto:- Be careful because I fear all you have done is awoken a sleeping giant and filled him with terrible resolve..... So now I will go shopping off to get a new card from Clintons and then we will see who is good at playing a hand of poker, just don't play your Trump card just yet.....

Add a Message