Simcountry is a multiplayer Internet game in which you are the president, commander in chief, and industrial leader. You have to make the tough decisions about cutting or raising taxes, how to allocate the federal budget, what kind of infrastructure you want, etc..
  Enter the Game

New Player Age Group Populations

Topics: General: New Player Age Group Populations


Sunday, May 24, 2020 - 12:52 pm Click here to edit this post
This is something I didn't think much of when I first started, but its issue has grown more important as I've kept playing.

A new player controlled country has very few people relatively speaking under age 24, and especially in the 18-21 range. This has made it more difficult to increase my birth rate (which actually is falling now, because I have so many 0-4 which birth rate is based off of). It's going to take weeks for those 0-4 to hit 18+ to increase my birth rate, and become workers, while my highest population groups (currently 40 to 60) become 60+ and die off, but then are slower to be replaced by the smaller numbers in the 21-40 range (and MUCH smaller numbers to replace those 21-40 until the 0-4 explosion gets there).

I have limited observational data so far, but I'm assuming that each game month, as an example, 2.4% of those 0-4 who don't die, become 4-8. My 4-8 has increased in step with the 0-4, but at a slower rate, and the 8-12 even slower, and so on until 18-21 which is stable or slightly decreases.

For reference, I've played 4.5 game years and have bought some population using gold coins (which seems to distribute based on current %'s?).

So my problem is, the amount of younger people for starting players I feel is too low. Especially the 18-21 and 21-24 age groups (these 2 are currently combined 5% of my population, while any subgroup from 24 to 70 is above that by itself). This hinders my future workforce, and limits my ability to produce educated workers as well (I see why 200 education index is recommended, but for a typical new player it comes at a high cost, I'm a returning player). 12 to 18 combined is about 4.4%. This will in time cripple my birth rate as they reach the birth rate years (18-40). You may consider tweaking birth rates and adding a small number for 15-18 and 40-45, which would help some. But the real issue is the drop in working age population I'm going to experience until my baby boomers hit 18+.

Johanas Bilderberg

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 11:51 pm Click here to edit this post
You need to perform a ritualistic sacrifice in order to achieve the proper ratio.


Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 12:30 am Click here to edit this post
I employ 11 year olds in my sweat shops. It's character forming.


Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 01:49 pm Click here to edit this post
18 and 21 age groups are always smaller as they cover only 3 years.

The 24 age group is in general 2 x larger. it covers 6 years.

Death rates in the younger groups are very low except for countries with a very low health index.

Nearly all 0-4 years old make it to adult age.

if your country did not have any wars with many dead and wounded and you did not sell off your population, no transfers etc. the population model should be OK.

if you want me to look into it, please give me the country name and world.


Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 12:26 am Click here to edit this post
I accounted for the 18-21 only covering 3 years, a new premium member country starts with less than 2% of these, compared to over 8% of population for the 30-65 age groups (which cover 5 years each). Under 18 combined I think was maybe 10% when I started? There was as many 50-55 as there was children.

I'm just saying a bit more starting population in the children age groups (especially 12-24) would help new players a lot. My countries wouldn't be the best examples now as they've slowly added some people to these age groups, but my original post explains the problem well.

Edit: My main country, Freeya, White Giant, still has under 2% for 18-21, and at least 6.8% for any group between 24 and 65 (over 7.4% if you exclude 30-35). While this issue should be mostly fixed in the next 5-10 game years (I have
7.4% 0-4 and 5.3% 4-8), it still greatly hinders new players who aren't as attentive as I am. This post has been more for the typical new player rather than myself, who has played this game before.

Add a Message