| Monday, August 27, 2012 - 06:30 pm |
I finally have a corp over 500B value. It's doing extremely well with consistent profit of 700M. Is it a good idea to the a public offering to make it a public corp? Or should I do it later in a less profitable corp?
Also I offer existing shares or issue new ones?
It's all very new to me, thanks.
| Monday, August 27, 2012 - 07:11 pm |
You got to think to yourself, do I want to sell some of my corp and so some of the monthly for a one off payment or would I rather keep all the profit every month.
If you sell some shares to another entity that you own then fine, the profit just gets split between both your enterties. Otherwise...well it's up to you.
| Monday, August 27, 2012 - 08:59 pm |
Do I benefit from the more "effective" public corp. status even if I sell very few shares? That's why I wanted to offer shares so that it is better than a state corp.
| Monday, August 27, 2012 - 09:23 pm |
If you look under my country. You'll see there are controlled corporation there. If look under Unholy Electric Power, you'll find it is better than the state corporation in terms of profitability.
| Monday, August 27, 2012 - 10:24 pm |
Woah. You should see this.
The turn over this month is over 4.7B. This will eventually go over 5B per month turn over when all upgraded in the end.
| Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 01:36 am |
If you still control the corp by owning over 50% of the shares inyour country, no there is no gained effectivity (maximum upgrade is still 200).
If you sell over 50% to your CEO then yes, the Ceo will have control and the maximum upgrade becomes 225. Profit shared CEO/country.
Further, you can sell down to below 25% ownership, where the other 75% of shares are among others and you still own/control it with your 25%. Known as a Truly Public, the maximum upgrade becomes 250. Profit goes in proportion to who has what percentage of shares.
Remember, Investment Funds (IFs) never own/control a corp even if they hold the most shares. Again, depends where you put the shares as to where the profit goes, best in your pocket I say. And beware of this last because IFs will sell of shares again unless you manage the IFs by hand, and its quite possible you could lose control of the corp, say if someone elses CEO buys 30% of your corp shares from the IFs.
Hope that makes sense, understand the market some before you go doing lots of this is my recommendation.
| Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 01:40 am |
Nice Ant, but you need to remember you are only getting 24.5% of the profits, rest going to all those IFs. Good you got them IPOed though, another thing learned.
| Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 01:50 am |
If thats the case, where is the fun in this game then, if someone takes over such as gamemaster who could take control of it if he wants to. If that happens or someone takes it over, then i got no control over the corporations in the market of my own country, then i quit, if it doe's happen. I am just waiting for this to happen. Then its not a good game after all. Ill spend me money on another game or maybe go back to warcraft or something. That is where the high-end laptop will come in handy then. I am trying to get atleast 3 games to keep, till the day i die.
| Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 02:25 am |
That's kind of what I was warning you about. Theree is a benefit of an enterprise running your corps but, a price as well
| Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 02:51 am |
Hmm, i wonder what will happen if i sell all the shares? What will happen there? After this, it all should be cool. It's all learning process i'm doing.
Thanks all. I appreciate your answers and your help. Never mind, i'm still a noob but getting better at it.
Edit: I'm just eager to find out if i sell all of the shares, scary in my opinion. I'm gonna test it now, Electric Power target is 0%.
| Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 11:09 am |
Plan ahead son. See, if your corp is doing well enough to IPO, you could sell all the shares, taking a chance that only IFs buy them, or if a player they only buy a small percent, gamesmaster should control the corp if IFs only, wait for price to tank as it prob will under GM management, then buy those shares back at a greatly reduced price.
Presto, corp sold and bought back with you making a nice little lump sum. Rinse and repeat.
Not that I have ever had the patience to actually do this, but I know people who have.
Of course, the stock market is always a gamble, but its just play money, right?
| Friday, October 26, 2012 - 12:58 pm |
ever since I put my corp on public offering its been doing at least 60% better then my other corp. But I think you should keep 51% of the shares.
| Friday, October 26, 2012 - 01:44 pm |
But as a nation player, you cannot buy shares in the corporations of other nations, can you? Only the IF, which doesn't matter in terms of control, can.