| Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 07:17 am |
I have called Presidents of Fearless Blue to engage in diplomacy. Fearless Blue, as with other planets in the simulated universe, are stagnant. Federations are of minor importance. This is a fallacy. The aim of The Foundation is a political union, a think-tank of active engaged players moving to achieve a common goal. That is, to make Simcountry great again.
Our first agenda meeting is proposed to take place on Sunday at 1PM New York Time.
This meeting time is subject to change as it is simply a proposed time.
Currently our discussion will consist of the following.
- Structure and Procedures
- Declaration of refusal to engage in external military hostilities.
- Cabinet Positions and Rotating Chairmanship.
Of lessor importance yet willing to discuss
- The lame threats from Aries.
The Interim Chairwoman has prepared an unofficial statement.
Dear Presidents, CEO's, and otherwise Peaceful Residents of Fearless Blue. I can only speak for myself in this instance and not the body. Aries' hostile statements and veiled threats of violence toward peace-loving diplomats is deplorable. Many are of the impression that he is an honest actor, but this is simply not true. His true nature is revealed in his most recent actions. This is precisely why this President, has never once been fooled by this wolf in sheep's clothing. In my view, Aries is a myth. The Aries you think you know that is.
Over and over, in the halls of these very forums, you can see the clear aims of this actor. His ideals are adverse to the ideals of this newly formed body. He wants to destroy diplomacy, communication, partnerships, and allies in a time of war or peace. His very statement begs of this. In just days after initial support was given to our coalition of the willing, he is campaigning a reign of terror.
It is true, I am against his ideals. For they are repugnant to me.
I will to improve the game. He is not aware his utopia will destroy it.
I will build an active planet community. He only discourages it with threats of violence.
I will share self sufficiency and and self reliance. He only wants you all to live by his guides and only by his grace.
I want to free you to play the game in the way it will most give you, the member; satisfaction. He wants to imprison you, yes your mind. You can do nothing except through Aries who strengthens you. Not even form an independent thought.
I am a Titan, He is a player masquerading as a God.
I am above. He is Below.
This body will move forward with its work free of any duress of any kind. In this world, Aries will not rule, and if it be so today, that reign will be shortened. If it were not so all Presidents would be discouraged and none would be saved. For to love Aries is to love booooooooring......
There is no need to fear his feeble mind. My account is still but a newborn and he already feels the need to threaten you all. My presence alone is a threat to him. He has dreamed of me twice. One a fantasy, the other a nightmare. He saw his own demise when I stepped out of the heavens to slap his wrist. He awoke in a cold-sweat, paralyzed with fear and has not posted in over 18 hours. I got his message a short time ago. Though he will not admit publicly, he begged my forgiveness. However, I offer none. The charade is over.
There is nothing to fear at all Fearless Blue. After all, it is in your name. Move forward! Besides Aries is the type of President to sit down on the toilet to fart, and then flush. You're worried about what?
| Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 09:31 am |
Aries Group and Aries Holdings are very proud to offer a new product for a special group of discerning buyers. That's right! Act now and you can reserve your product that is offered nowhere else through an exclusive agreement with the GM. Of course, what we are talking about is our fine line of bridges. Made to order these bridges will be made available to any player who bought any of that load that is posted above! Reserve your bridge now!
Oh, that bit about a meeting at 1pm eastern on Sunday. That is a time to watch FOOTBALL! Really? A meeting that conflicts with football! What is this? Communist Russia?
| Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 08:16 pm |
Being as you are from the buckeye state, I assume your team is the Browns. Watching the Browns and expecting anything should be a crime.
| Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:11 am |
Nope. Never been a Browns fan. My Dad is but he would not be guilty of that crime.
| Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 04:55 pm |
| Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 05:25 pm |
| Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 05:50 pm |
If anyone shows up, I will be in chat for a policy meeting. All are welcome to join the discussion. Begins in just over an hour at 1pm New York Time.
| Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:17 pm |
I am a little late but I am in chat.
| Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:48 am |
Thank you for showing up today everyone. We even had Aries pop in for a few.
A few things that are apparent from the chat. I meant to post the entire log, but the chat disconnected unexpectedly. I know the gms have access to the log, and I encourage them to read it.
For the Gamemaster
- The chat is highly unstable. It needs to function properly if it is expected to be used and offered as a game feature. This is a known issue for many years. It is essential to player communication and although external solutions are available, nothing says you care more than providing a stable client.
- I encountered a player who was about to quit until he saw the meeting invitation. Probably the most influential discovery of the meeting. The dysfunctional state of the chat client likely played into situations and outcomes like this. The thought that a simple chat meeting could retain the interest and membership of a premium subscriber should speak volumes. I would also ask for more support from the gamemaster for our efforts. What support that should be is another conversation but at a minimum giving players a better client is a great start. Your ideas, and an exchange of ours are welcome.
- Desirelessness is a real issue. Take for example the Aries vs Go 1 versus 15 whoevers. A no go. Same with other staged battles. There is a correlation between removal of c3 raiding for cash and a severe decrease in participation in pvp war. In the past era, perhaps an extreme existed. Whereas now, the opposite extreme exist, nearly no participation, willing participants, that is. A balance should be sought. Along the lines of loosening monetary policy coupled with clear significant advantages to acquisition of wealth through econ, or the long game. I am certain low participation was an unintended outcome of removing c3 raiding. Regardless, the data is data and it is also clear. This is not an attempt to return to the discussion of bringing back c3 raiding as it existed before. It is rather a search for balance. I will expand this conversation in an alternate thread.
- The Foundation is an open association of like-minded players interested in increasing activity in general. After years of absorbing this forum, I have come to realize how surprisingly meaningful this game becomes to the players that make it. This game is worth our efforts to restore it. There are far too many players who are the greats of Simcountry past, still lurking around in this place looking for what was lost. We aim to help old and new players discover that again.
- We have agreed by vote to rotate chairmanship and next Sunday's meeting will determine our first chairperson. New Joins have a one week grace period for chair votes. This is to prevent a potentially fraudulent outcome. Terms are for one real month.
- We have agreed to hold unofficial meetings every Sunday at 1pm Eastern US Time. All are welcome. Aside from whatever is going on in the meeting, this is a good opportunity to log in and expect company in the chat room. You have the chance to communicate with other players in real-time, gain knowledge and assistance, or get pointed in the direction of adequate help.
- We have agreed that the association will not cooperate or act as a whole militarily. Associations in the game will exist among member, even players who traditionally oppose one another within the context of game-play. Our focus will remain on improving the user experience of the game until further notice. Opposing factions need not shy away from participation. In-game politics will not be entertained at present. Naturally, some issues may come up for discussion. But opinions on those topics are not the position of The Foundation.
For years now, players and devs alike, have struggled to comprehend some fundamental aspects of satisfaction. Someone's ideal game is not for everyone. Player and dev alike, from the experienced veteran, and the lowly new member, have shared opinions in the context of making the game "better". This is a natural instinct but painfully obvious that it is the wrong pretext to improving anything. If we observe the basket of adjustments, in the spirit of development of a "better game", the result has been anything but desirable to a greater extent. Perhaps all the adjustment solved many minor and even serious problems but it has without question created a fatal one. Desirelessness. I can go on and on about how deep that really goes but I won't here. I asked the association what is something that would improve the players' satisfaction within the game. I will tally the ideas and summarize them in order of frequency to less frequent. Instead of suggesting what we think is better, The Foundation will survey these ideas and present requests that enhance satisfaction for the user and allow the devs to do with it what they will. It is my hope that with these insights, future adjustments will have at least some consideration to user satisfaction instead of just making something better without consideration of what, "Is it enjoyable as implemented."
I ask all active players to join us and the discussion. We can help the GMs with the feedback generated.
Thank You to Zentrino, PapaStorm, and Wisco for coming to the meeting. We had as many as six people present in the room. Hopefully that number will grow next week.
| Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:47 am |
Thanks for setting it up!
| Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:25 am |
I'm thinking i'm going to have to speak to my ally John West after seeing this message. I'm having second thoughts about it now of what I said to you in that private message. Just give me and him some more time.
I think you have made some great speeches here, keep it up! I shall be looking forward to your next ones as you have my full attention now. Maybe you can become my Goddess before long.
| Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 06:22 am |
No problem James. It is nice to see you survived the NLUO storm. I may have to look up King Hezekiah.
| Friday, October 28, 2016 - 07:35 am |
Hey man, I'm just here for the free population. Open borders I say! Yeah, globalism! Flood my empire with multiculturalism so that crime/unrest increases while productivity decreases. Fall of the Roman Empire. Come all, come home to my empire. I will send you off to die in foreign lands for my own expansionist greed with little to no damns given for you or your family.
| Friday, October 28, 2016 - 12:09 pm |
| Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 05:25 am |
Well Hello Zen. There is a chat meeting scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm New York Time. Can I expect you to grace the stage with your presence?
| Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:05 pm |
Oh I missed the chat meeting today
| Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:29 pm |
yeah we are still there but yeeeeeeeeeaaaah!
| Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:32 pm |
Hello there, I would also like to contribute some input into this since I have had some similar concerns regarding the level of activity or lack thereof. Undoubtedly everyone has their own pursuits and ways of leading their countries, however an exchange of ideas and dialog has been lacking. Some of us have initiated different means of communicating and not just confined to the parameters of being a member of a Simcountry federation. For a while now, some of us established a federation and kept our core group in contact via hangouts discussions. It has been useful overall; sometimes quiet but always available in case one of us needed help or advise. These alliances spanned across different planets. I suspect this is the sort of communication and engagement that is being described.
| Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 10:46 pm |
Yes, please meet us in chat during the meeting times. I am in the chat right now actually.
| Monday, October 31, 2016 - 02:27 am |
You guys and your meetings. I would love to join them however work will be getting in the way most of the time sadly. I'll keep posting random guides for things I find useful. Other than that, I'll be less active in the forum engaging in debate and social activity. Seems players are answering questions more often now that I don't need to help out with. I will keep posting on the Trade section when I need something or am selling things. I am going to start selling my FB countries still. One with 180 million population and another with around 130 million population both for 400gc. I may lower the price if they don't sell. The one I'm selling now is going to Zentrino.
If players on Fearless Blue are interested in buying large countries send me a message to my enterprise Zaibatsu. I can establish large countries in short periods of time, where ever you want the country to be. Just be sure you can pay up when the country is ready.
I'm also willing to sell interceptor/helicopter missiles for fighter missiles/offensive anti aircraft missiles at base market price equal SC$ exchange rates.
You may find me in the chat from time to time after 9pm est.
Now I will point out now openly. Aries has helped me a lot since I started playing. I feel I can not pay back the knowledge that he and others have given me to advance myself. So know this I will not take part offensively/defensively in any large scale wars involving major players unless I am personally declared on. I'm simply building up my defenses because I have nothing else to spend money on. No need to worry about me guys......
| Monday, October 31, 2016 - 03:02 am |
I think that is a fair statement. Always remain a champion of preserving peace.
| Monday, October 31, 2016 - 11:59 pm |
Just the kind of fella I would worry about lol....
| Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 09:57 am |
What did I do now... ):
I just watch Anime and have messed up closet thoughts about 2D cartoon characters. I'm a normal human. Sorry for not responding faster went inactive again for a few weeks. Getting bored of the game honestly. /:
| Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:37 pm |
I know, it happens.... Boredom strikes and then real boredom strikes so you log in. What pitiful creatures we are...
I am not sure why but when i ready your messages/posts I can't seem to get Szayelaporro Granz's voice out my head.
| Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:51 am |
Not as bored now with all of the chaos going on right now in the great US of A.
| Monday, November 14, 2016 - 02:42 am |
Haha, yes it is mayhem lol. Someone got elected President. No way.
| Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:14 am |
I am pretty sure I am president and there are no elections in Nevrondona. The people love me so much I am given the office through sheer adoration alone.