| Monday, January 19, 2009 - 11:52 pm |
Everyone has questions in the game especially new players like myself so i decided we should make a page for questions so experienced players could answer them for newer players. Anyone can ask quesiotns on this page and anyone can answer allowing debate. I have a few questions so i'll start it below.
| Monday, January 19, 2009 - 11:57 pm |
u don't have to answer all ???? just the ones u can provide feedback on. Thanks
1. One problem is that every time i log on all my corps have huge red shortage signs next to FMU's, and i have to immediate order every time which sometimes takes a month or 2 at which my corps do nothing. Is there some way to set a level where my corps have to have all their supplies like a year in advance or something????
2. why does my corps value keep dropping, they were at 1.5 bill with only 13 corps, now they are at 1 bill with 14 of them and i have automatic effectivity and quality upgrades going which should raise their value also????
3. why does it always say that i have a shortage of workers when i always have a whole bunch unemployed just waiting around to employed, why does it say that on my corps??? why doesn't it just employ to its max.
4. what is difference between full member and not full member? Benefits/how long to be full/cost/ways around..../necessity or not
5. How do u send troops to a ally country once he/she allows foreign troops from ur country to their country, how does it work, are they allowed to defend or offensive troops if u send them, are they under ur allies control or urs or....
6.when u attack a country, u should FIRST paint it to the cities with troops (Special Forces) to cities or other major towns, UR special forces DONT GET attacked by their military unless they go into a town, RIGHT! or .....
| Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 12:04 am |
1. You can manually order. Look at your corps page and select order products.
2. Take off auto everything and do it yourself. Set your sales strats to follow quality. Start at 50% above and reduce by 25% per month. Adjust manually as needed. Set buying strats to time based and start at -9% and increase by 7% per month. Set quality on purchases to 190.
3. Because you have a shortage of 1 or more worker types. Check you education priorities.
4. You can be full whenever you choose to pay. Being a non member, your country will be cancelled after 21 days.
5. You select the unit, then select where you want it to move to, using air transport units if needed.
6. Right. Or you can use a load of missiles and planes to take everything out. Using SF helps to limit the damage though and is cheaper.
| Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 01:36 am |
1. did everything for 2 but can't figure out why i should manually upgrade, wouldn't it be easier to do it automatically, also can't find where to go to set my buying quality to 190?
2.so my country will get cancelled after 21 days if i dont buy gold coins/ will i get a warning or just one day find my country gone, also taking ur country to lvl2 gets u 100 coins, will i be able to use those coins to keep playing for 3 months by paying the 30 gold coins per month that we have to?
3. i just took over a country, how long till i can fully control it, or do i get to fully control it?
4. should we just take our employment/health/education/etc to 100 and leave them there or take them higher, i see people with over 100 to 300 in some of those fields, how does that help and how should we go about with this.
| Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 01:41 am |
Prince, have you read the documentation?
| Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 02:14 am |
Yes i have read the documentation but their must be like a billion things in there, and i hate having to look back since it takes a while and a LOT of reading to figure out what i need. I thought it might also make it easier if some of my answers that i couldnt find on documenation would be answered here. I have read most of the documentations and even printed off some of them (193 pages total printed) so i decided this might be a better idea.
| Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 02:25 am |
Its true, the documentation hasn't been updated for a while now, but there is a help forum on here that will have questions like yours which have already been answered. Still, I have begun, so I will finish;
1. You should manually upgrade because do you really want your corps left to a dutch computer with no sense of responsability?
2. Yes - after 21 days you lose your country. Buy some GC and spend 30GC per month to keep them. If you reach level 2 - you can use the GC to extend your country.
3. Right from day one.
4. Employment can only ever go to 100%, but it is really hard to get anything over 95%. Everything else should be upgraded past the reccomended limits as this helps with levelling in the future, and also aids your countries infrastructure.
| Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 03:38 am |
thank very much, ohh i didn't know about the help forum. I'll see if i can find it and will put all my ?'s over there from now on.
Now one last question, who is Wendy and what is going on, i hear all this ruckus on chat and forums about war and their is a war going on now.
Thanks Taylor for everything by the way and u too coolwind.
| Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 03:58 am |
lol, its Stuart - not Taylor. Some call me something else but we won't go into all that!!!
Wendy is something of a n00blet. She does her best to get on everyone elses nerves, starts wars she cannot win, then shouts victory once she has lost countries. She is as mad as a hatter, and has a mouth the size of the Pacific Ocean. Sadly, her armed forces are only ever the size of a peanut.
Hopefully, from this you will learn a valuable SC lesson. Don't be disrespectful to other players. Wendy has been kicked out of more feds that I care to think about, and has lost dozens of countries. All because of her need to shout off at people who are superior to her.
| Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 09:16 pm |
How do you take over a country? i am new to the game am currently attacking a presidentless country how would i claim it?
| Friday, May 1, 2009 - 10:19 pm |
You need 2 Long Range Div, 3 Occupational units, 1 air attack wing, 1 bombing wing.
1st land 1 of your LDR units on a town or county...then attack the defenses with 1K Fighters / 1K drones (air attack wing)...keep attacking Defense till all air units are gone. Then attack the target using tanks and artillery in LDR unit. Use target list to make sure all air units are destroyed or you will take huge damage for the rest of the war.
2nd...land LDR units on cities, towns, and capital...attack Defenses with bombing units using Helicopters, Bombers, and drones till there are no defenses left in the city, town, or capital. Then attack target with LDR Tanks and Artillery.
Repeat 2nd step until you own the country, and move Occupational units around to paint the country orange while you are blowing stuff up.
This is a simple explanation for your question and there are nuances to warring not explained here.
What is your country name? Contact me at my country.
Peoples Republic of abeZart
| Wednesday, May 6, 2009 - 05:02 pm |
how do you take land away from another country?
| Wednesday, May 6, 2009 - 05:20 pm |
you can't. you can only take a country.
| Wednesday, May 6, 2009 - 06:01 pm |
OoOo ok thanks.... how do you do that? lol
| Wednesday, May 6, 2009 - 06:04 pm |
| Wednesday, May 6, 2009 - 06:09 pm |
i wasnt kidding.......
| Wednesday, May 6, 2009 - 08:53 pm |
Scroll up 6 posts.
| Wednesday, May 6, 2009 - 10:02 pm |
When I first started I conquered a C3 before I was ready. It cost me 6 Gold coins to build and rebuild my troops. I lost so many tanks and artillery I was on the verge of surrender and my economy was a wreck. I'd suggest you go to the sim country wikipedia site and study this seriously. It'll save you time and a lot of frustration.
| Thursday, May 7, 2009 - 03:10 am |
ya my army is not even close to being big enough 4 that lol
| Friday, May 8, 2009 - 05:35 am |
It appears all the posting for low taxes are in countries where corps run at a 400 to 600 salary index. I haven't had time to accrue a lot of upgrades, and have a few new corps so they can't run a profit at such high salaries. If I put a low wage corp in a country with high wages, the first time unemployment rate closes on 5% I start losing staff. This has even happened in one of my countries--LLano.
These are just virtual workers--why do you pay them so much? Can we work up a system where a few countries are low wage countries, and as soon as upgrades get substantial, we do a free move to a high wage country? Any other ideas would be welcome.
By the way if some has a low wage low tax country where I could build I'd appreciate it.
| Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 04:57 pm |
Well you are essentially competing against all the other corp owners in the labor market of a particular country. As long as there are enough workers for everyone, salary doesn't matter - corps are fully staffed. But once there is a shortage of workers, either you need to raise your salaries or move the corp somewhere else, because somebody is gonna lose - and it will always be the corp with low wages.
Unfortunately, worker shortages are not uncommon, despite good management by presidents.
Your options are to build in a C3 where wages are low and taxes are 30%, or build in a player country where wages are likely to be high but taxes low. Its a pretty lucky strike when you can find low taxes and low salaries!
| Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 06:32 pm |
Strike lucky with DoubleTop
| Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 05:32 pm |
Is there a way to turn off "auto loans"??
They are killing me...Id rather be broke and work myself outa it than stacking debt every month w/o a way to get out of it
| Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 07:15 am |
Make your country profitable. You can also pay off the loans at anytime. I think the answer is no. If your country has negative cash it has to take out loans.
There are some corporations that do not use engineers if you do not upgrade effectivity. In countries with shortages of high tech workers you can hire the unemployed workers at lower salaries.
Higher salaries increase production. For many products higher salaries will increase your profits.
| Friday, May 29, 2009 - 04:54 pm |
Thanks a lot RavC. Zeba said the same thing, and given his record, I should have acted on that. I'll go ahead and start raising salaries, monitoring profits to see which corps get more profitable.
| Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 05:15 am |
I though you might want some suggestions on how to become profitable.
SimC appears to give enterprises an advantage in operating corps. You'll surely see revenue increase if you cut taxes down to 5%, and offer your corps for sale to CEO's. There's a place to list your country in GR/5% tax countries/. I'd next suggest you use 30 Gold coins to become a CEO yourself. Once you become a CEO you can buy your state owned corps yourself. My experience was my revenue increased dramatically.
Apply for the new player grant from the security council to allow you some working capital.
Get rid of your weapons corps unless they're making money. It appears there's some random factor that SimC incorporates in the computations so that some weapons corps are profitable, but my experience (and Simcountry Wiki's) is that weapons corps are money pits.
Get rid of your commodites corps, such as fruit, vegetables, wood, wool. Sometimes these corps make $ but they usually lose. Use Factory Utilization figures to help decide what type of Corps to keep or build. You'll see that most commodity and weapons corps are operating well below 100%. It's pretty certain your corp will lose $ if a bunch of C3's are pumping out goods. My understanding is that C3's are exempt from a lot of constraints placed on game players--Note they need it- The AI making decisions for them is very weak. I hope I haven't bored you too much with this--You may have known all this.