| Monday, January 3, 2011 - 02:50 pm |
I have been going through the documentation on war and weapons but many of the things written there buffled me. So if you know the answer to my questions please help to answer.
1) Does the quality of the weapons and ammunition really matter? It is stated in the documentation but does anyone feel it's significant enough to justify the price?
2) Is it possible to make the enemy waste ammo and in turn be ineffective later on. For example, if i send a jeep to attack 600 defensive missile batteries, will it waste 3600 missiles on me? If i use it on a c3 will these suicide attacks cause the enemy to waste all their ammunition so my bigger force can attack without facing any resistance.
3) Is it possible to outrange the enemy by using say a mid range batteries on defensive missile batteries at range 3000?
4) How many ammunition does a weapon used? For example, the documentation on weapons state that: Each defensive missile battery will shoot up to 4 missiles as a response to each attack round. Later it says it uses Six missiles per battery. And there are other weapons that state 6 missiles per battery per fighting round or simply a 25. And even a 100 rounds per attack. What is the difference between these namings?
5) What does effective mean? For defensive missile batteries, Offensive AA batteries: hit rate 100% damage: 100%. Does it mean that each defensive missile battery can take down 1 Offensive AA batteries per fighting round?
| Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 05:28 am |
1. It is worth the cost
2. The enemy can waste ammo, but not necessarily in the way you described.
3. The enemy can be out-ranged, but dmb's are not the only thing that can destroy mrmb's. (see point 4)
4. Docs are not up-to-date on many of the ranges and amount of ammo used.
5. Again the docs are not up-to-date, but generally the more effective it says a weapon is, the less weapons/ammo it will take to destroy.
| Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 05:42 am |
I see. Thanks for sharing. Though if the documentation is outdated then it is hard to make a plan. I will just have to fight a war just to test the mechanics.
But is it possible to win a c3 with less than 1T cash?
| Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 10:34 am |
'Though if the documentation is outdated then it is hard to make a plan.'
I've been saying that for years....
| Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 12:12 am |
Although the docs are outdated, they can still be of relevance. The basic functions and numbers are similar. Besides it is almost impossible to figure the ammo and weapons a war will take down to the bullet or gallon of fuel.
The lower level C3's can easily be won with less than 1T in weapons and ammo.
| Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 11:14 am |
Ok. Thanks. I guess i just have to bite the bullet then.
| Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 06:19 pm |
Hehe, all part of the learning experience of SC, that is/was what made it so good.
Expect many surprises as you try things out ;)