Simcountry is a multiplayer Internet game in which you are the president, commander in chief, and industrial leader. You have to make the tough decisions about cutting or raising taxes, how to allocate the federal budget, what kind of infrastructure you want, etc..
  Enter the Game

Federation Sanctions

Topics: Suggestions: Federation Sanctions


Friday, March 8, 2013 - 12:36 am Click here to edit this post
Federations should be able to vote for sanctions to be enforced against other federations or single countries. There should also be an option to choose which items to refuse to sell/buy.

Borg Queen

Friday, March 8, 2013 - 08:52 am Click here to edit this post
as federations only in themself only represent a very small part of the countrys of a world those federation sanctions considering products quite useless. would be like 1% of the world refuses to sell/buy stuff from you but you can trade with the other 99%. Federation sanctions that would really hurt the affected country would be like that country wont get defense from fed-members for an amount of x months, but that would make the federation thing quite obsolete for that country


Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 05:12 pm Click here to edit this post
The powerful federations like hydra and NLUO would be able to use the fed sanctions because it all depends on the economic output of the federation members. The powerful players would have more of a respectible weapon when it comes to economics.

Mike G

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 05:34 pm Click here to edit this post
I like this idea!


Friday, June 14, 2013 - 05:23 pm Click here to edit this post
I agree with Borg, but if you could actually have enforced embargoes, quotas, and tariffs with other nation by having a navy blocking the way, or something around there, that would spice it up a notch. Till then, I think it wouldn't have an effective action.


Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 06:30 am Click here to edit this post
Federation sanctions would be a very useful part of the game... not sure how difficult to implement, but it seems like it's possible to keep certain entities from trading automatically with certain entities. More useful than a boycott.

I think a large enough group of people doing it could cause corp shortages.

Borg Queen

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 04:48 pm Click here to edit this post
Well, after everyone can get the stuff he Needs through immediate order it wouldnt nessesarly come to shortages but to increased costs. And those 20% or what it is that immediate orders cost more then MP would only hurt Corps from certain products

the who

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 07:42 am Click here to edit this post
what about a refusal to buy stuff from a certain entity? as we know a trade is a mutually beneficial exchange it seems the refusal to purchase something from someone could be just as potent a weapon

Add a Message