| Friday, February 13, 2015 - 01:45 pm |
Ok so I've been playing this game for a while, but I've been inactive these past couples of months. I love this game and would love for some of these suggestions to come into play.
1.Being able to create laws and veto them much like a real president
2.Having a Congress with different parties
3.Be able to create States within your country
4.Have police forces
5.Be able to set tax rates for population
6.Add gas prices
7.Have true state secrets like your total cash, income, etc. Cause when you look up at the time line on a country who hid their info you can still see some of that info as it scrolls by.
8.Instead of having slave states, you should be able to incorporate the conquered countries as States of your country.
9.Be able to take diplomatic relations farther like having free trade or open market and stuff like that. Ooh also military and intelligence cooperation.
10.Add a secret branch that can infiltrate other countries and gather information. Even on countries you're at war with and steal their money if that's not too much haha.
So what do you guys think?
| Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 12:40 am |
4 - emergency services as an index maybe
5 - tax for population, also quite a good idea, could affect migration more then.
| Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 06:35 am |
Do the admins read these suggestions?
| Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:07 am |
9 and 10. are the only decent ones.
the rest are pointless. ( Game wise atleast )
for #9 though, basically it would act how a CM should act. also, "military and intelligence cooperation." <--- what do you mean, there is corps that are needed for the military.
for #10, i could see it as an " army unit " where u move the "spies" into a country, and the longer they stay there / better there training ( Quality ) the more info they can give you.
1st, army positions, then army size then Quality.
This "spy" unit would cost quite a bit to maintain. but would be worth it if you are a warring nation.
Maybe have a ground unit And air unit. the air unit would be for near by nations, whilst the ground unit could be air dropped ( via said air unit ) onto the lands.
| Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 02:01 pm |
"what do you mean, there is corps that are needed for the military." I mean like getting info on another country from the nation that you're friendly with. Also even having that friendly nation join you in the war against the country they gathered info on.
| Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 02:06 pm |
Thanks for the great suggestions. At the moment we have our hands pretty full but I'll add the viable ones to our possible feature list.
As always we greatly appreciate insights and suggestions. A lot of Simcountry's best features come from our players after all!
| Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 01:42 am |
Keep up the hard work^^
| Monday, February 23, 2015 - 04:58 pm |
It took a little bit but we found some time to talk these suggestions over.
As for my answers. Please feel free to suggest, comment and rant about all of them.
Here we go!
1. This is a nice idea. We're going to be working out some sort of preset list of laws a president can pick from. The laws will be arranged in groups. Out of each group only 1 law can be activated at once. Each law will carry clear benefits and downsides. Some groups will have more impacting laws than others, etc etc.
2. Not sure what this would add to the game. In the end each country really only has 1 decision-maker in this game. Having a congress wouldn't change the fact that you control what happens.
3. This would really only be an aesthetic feature. Countries in Simcountry work more like European countries than the USA. There will be no governing body per state because only the president is a player and only he/she makes the decisions.
Breaking down a country into many sub-countries would also be incredibly complex for us to implement, without any real benefit to the game experience.
4. Police has been on the roadmap for a while. We are definitely going to implement this at some point. Having a strong police force would for example reduce unrest, increase life expectancy and so on. This might be grouped together with other emergency services as Adam suggested.
5. This is excellent and we hadn't thought about it before. We're going to be working on implementing a tax system which can be controlled by the president. Tax brackets based on income levels and very serious consequences for making the wrong move. For example if you were to take almost all of your populations income through taxes, they'll first riot and break your country, then starve to death and litter the streets with their corpses. This will also influence the flow of migrants throughout the world. Taxing the rich too much will make them go somewhere else. It will be up to the presidents to find the tax rates that work best for them.
In short, are you a republican or democrat?
6. This will be included in the tax system from #5. At first only gas will have a special tax. We may or may not add other products in the future. The concept is the same as #5: you lower the taxes, people are happy and commerce would increase. You raise them too far and people stop moving around in your country with all the consequences that go with being unable to drive.
7. Your point about secret not being secret is very true. This wouldn't be a new feature but a fix for an old one. We do agree that secret should be secret!
8. This can not be done. It would require us to rewrite the game.
9. This is awesome! Diplomacy already exists in the form of peace- and war treaties. We'll be looking into expanding diplomacy and giving it its own section in the game.
10. This feature has been on our minds for a while. The details are not hashed out yet but it is on the roadmap.
11. I'm assuming you don't just want to plant trees in front of your presidential palace.
We are working on introducing environmental factors. Each corp type will have a certain impact on the environment. Different power generation methods will have an impact too. Up- and downsides for being green will of course have to be part of this. Being green would be more expensive but increase welfare and life expectancy. Generating smog, well, just ask the chinese if they enjoy it...
Ok that was all. Please feel free to bash my head in, give me cookies, or even constructive comments!
| Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:51 pm |
Well I'll give you cookies, its nice to see a line item response to the suggestions.
And I would like to dive deeper into somethings, especially tax.
As far as tax go, will the planned tax system be able to be progressive or regressive? As well as be a flat tax or no tax at all? For example, you have high tax, but you get the rich leaving, as stated above. But as well as having a regressive tax system where you tax the poor and lightly tax the rich in order to get the rich to migrate to your country.
Adding on to the no tax, what about sales tax, even more a tax on a certain good, like you've stated, a gas tax, but maybe also a tax on say Wine to decrease consumption? However, the draw backs would be that the nation does not get as much income from that item.
Also on the possible secret/covert missions would be to launch an operative to spark a rebellion or unrest in an enemy. And in order to prevent it, you must have a well funded police/counter-intel system.
| Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 01:38 pm |
You'll have full control over the tax rates you set in each income bracket. So if you want to try outrageous settings you'll be free to do so.
For now we're only planning to add product specific tax on gas. Once the feature is implemented we'll consider adding more products. Of course any product would have up- and downsides to changing tax rates on it.
The sub-feature for covert operations you suggest was already on our list in some form. This would be a great way to destabilize countries before a war or to cause frustration for the fun of it. On the defensive side this would make having law enforcement a more involved factor.