| Monday, March 9, 2015 - 06:45 am |
So I feel like in order to provide a more realistic approach to the game I have a few suggestions.
1. Create Central Bank what can lower/raise interest rates
2. Create a graph that can show gdp, gdp grow, inflation. I think that this could be a good metric for rankings
3. Create a new bank company that can take deposits and make loans
4. Add Airports to the Transportation tab and remove water installations
5. Also I've seen others ask about a police force. I say just do a group EMS that allows for Police, Fire, and Paramedics to keep things simple.
6.The ability to tax imports/exports.
7. Some type of law making just as in a real nation. Maybe just a simple as giving the players the options for 25 different generic laws and we pick which ones we would like.
| Monday, March 9, 2015 - 03:31 pm |
I totally agree with every suggestion
| Monday, March 9, 2015 - 03:53 pm |
1. Would need country-currencies or else there would be an increase of disbalance between new/old players. Comparable to Situation in Europe: GermanyGreece, well-running economy run-down economy, need higher interest rates to increase inflation gets worse with high interest rates
2. Graphs for gdps would be nice, for inflation no need, we dont have inflation in this game, just a slight deflation due to admin-caused price changes.
3. No real opinion to this, but as I dont see Pros I'd vote no.
4. Agreed to add Airports, but it should be renamed to 'Infrastructure' instead of removing water installs.
5. Agreed due to personal interest in making the game more realistic.
6. Only makes sense if there would really be something like seperated economies. Import/Export Taxes in RL-Economy is used to protect seperated markets from foreign influences, so people buy stuff from non-foreign corps instead of cheaper foreign corps.
7. Totally agree on this.
| Monday, March 9, 2015 - 05:08 pm |
1. A central bank wouldn't serve a purpose right now. Pop basically spend all their earnings each month. Part of these earnings go towards the housing market (read: buying construction). Putting more detail into the housing market is on our list and when that is done a central bank would be a great idea.
2. A GDP graph is a great idea. It would also be a great stat to create a leaderboard for. In another thread, we recently discussed the creation of a whole set of leaderboards tracking 1 specific stat each.
3. A bank corp doesn't really have a place in the current system. In simcountry only the world bank, countries and CEO's give out loans.
4. You're completely right. It is on our list. The transportation index will eventually include airports and water treatment will be moved to a new "environmental" index. This index will influence all sorts of things like average lifespan and welfare of your citizens.
5. Right again! This is on our list, pretty much exactly like you say. the Emergency services index will include police, fire, paramedics and maybe more.
6. This is also coming. For now we're only planning to let presidents set a variable tax on gasoline. We might add more products later. The problem here is that we'll have to work out scaling benefits and downsides for each taxable product while keeping some semblance of balance.
7. Great idea as well. The plan is to make a number of law 'types'. Each type will have, for example: 5 laws. The president enables one law per group. Each law has its own up- and downsides.
Safe to say I love your suggestions as they are mostly already on our to-do list. Thanks a lot for the effort.
As always, If anyone has any further suggestions or wants to add to these, please do!
| Monday, March 9, 2015 - 08:20 pm |
I like 1, 2, 7, very nice ideas.
| Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 05:28 am |
What about a Federation Bank/Fund you can create that comes with every federation to assist your members? This would also come as a tax to every member, and you can vote to establish the tax rate.
| Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 01:57 pm |
That's a great suggestion. Changing the tax rate and spending the funds money would have to require a vote though.
| Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:54 pm |
Are these still being worked on? Or is there a current list