| Monday, June 23, 2014 - 07:26 pm |
After the latest changes by the GM (new page layouts) the game runs very slowly for my larger countries. The ones with over 100M pop and especially Apo Republic (KB) which has 136M seem to take for ever to load their pages. In contrast, my enterprises which also have alot of corporations (600+ each) run very fast but they are in the old format as the GM has not updated them.
I'm wondering if it has to do with my computers (not so young, as their owner lol) or my internet connection (not likely) or with the GM changes. Does anyone else experience the same problems? I would expecially like to hear from Maclean and Borg Queen who also have very large countries in KB (bigger than mine).
| Tuesday, June 24, 2014 - 05:06 pm |
Just tried with a country where population is 180M.
it was fast.
we have no other complaints but it is true, the new pages are slightly slower but should make no difference.
we will check your country tomorrow.
The number of objects, units etc. can make a difference for some pages.
| Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 02:13 pm |
We looked at the country and it is very slow.
the white pages are slightly slower but in some cases extremely slower.
we are working on it right now and will fix it very soon.
The reason is that the map of the country, and more items that are always showing on the country page is loaded with every page.
this helps when you close a page. The country page is immediately visible, it was already loaded.
However, when your map has many objects, including hundreds of mil. units, getting the map with many of the pages while it is not visible is slow.
we will remove this function and only get the map when you want to see the country home page.
moving from one page to another will not refresh the map which is invisible anyway and will become much faster.
| Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 11:06 am |
Andy I really need some help here. Every single click in Apo Republic = 20 seconds wait!!! Regardless of which page it is... I timed it... Can you imagine that? It reminds me of my first computer (Spectrum ZX 48K lol). It has nothing to do with the map because even after you removed it nothing changed. There is a serious glitch in my country.
Some extra info for your consideration:
1. South Apo and North Apo have 112 M people each and are currently the top two defense ranked countries in KB with 100s of active units. Even with the maps loaded they are 3X faster than Apo Republic which has much less units and has 135 M people.
2. Even more strangely, East Apo, with only 55 M people and no army whatsoever (!) is as slow as Apo Republic and much slower than North and South Apo! The same goes for West Apo, which is as slow as these larger countries with no army of its own right now.
3. The only country that works OK is North West Apo, which is essentially the same as East and West Apo in terms of people, army and corps but runs fast for some reason...
There is a serious problem and my main country is becoming impossible to manage. This is a game of clicks and it's impossible to wait 20 sec between them! Please give me a solution asap! This is an SOS...
| Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 02:29 pm |
@Christos: Please check again. It should be much faster now. If you hide the country map on the
'settings' page, all pages should always be faster.
Please let us know if there is still a problem.
| Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 02:35 pm |
I just checked. I dunno what you did put it speeds like a rocket! Thanks ever so much guys you're the best!!!
| Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 03:24 pm |
The problem for you was solved.
It was in fact affecting many, in a very slight way.
now it is solved, we think that general performance will be improved on all systems.
The main reasons are:
1. Less painting of very crowded maps will make a big difference.
2. A huge reduction in the painting of all other maps that will make a much smaller difference per map load but in total, will have a very large impact.
| Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 05:30 pm |
Well, whatever it was, thanks anyway! I know it was my Spectrum ZX argument that really motivated you to solve this!